Wednesday, January 23, 2008

R.I.P.

Heath Ledger’s death shocked me. He was a young, handsome and successful father. But we all fight demons. Our own demons might seem small in comparison to others, but they are ours none the less. From what all the news reports and Hollywood rumors say, one of his demons was drugs.

He always struck me as a very normal person and someone I would probably enjoy hanging out with. I love that he and Michelle Williams chose to live outside of the limelight in Brooklyn rather than here, where paparazzi are a regular sight in certain neighborhoods. (I’ve even seen them scope me out to make sure I wasn’t someone worthy of a photo. I guess it’s a compliment, but I’ll stick with being a nobody.)

I am sorry he left this world as young as he did – especially with a daughter who bears a striking resemblance to him (yes, I am guilty of looking at the paparazzi photos).

If this tragedy does nothing else, please be reminded that if your demons start getting the upper hand, please find the time and energy to seek help.

No comments: