Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Health Watch 7.10.07

I think I’ve eaten half my office, which I keep well-stocked, and have no desire to stop. As usual, I started out great: Greek yogurt with fresh peaches and blueberries and a drizzle of local honey. So delicious! Followed by half a bag of goldfish crackers that for some inane reason I occasionally crave. I THOUGHT I was going to have a nice homemade salad for lunch, but then my boss offered to buy me a gourmet sandwich from this delicious deli so of course I ate that instead. But only half. Of an enormous beast. And I skipped the chips, but they are still taunting me. Then, I needed a little chocolate to wash the sandwich down so I had a mini KitKat bar. I was hungry again fifteen minutes ago so I ate a box of animal crackers. I am seeing a pattern here: “kid” food a.k.a. comfort food.

Now, I’m eyeing the goldfish again and I still have to eat dinner. At least I made it to yoga this morning. Did I mention the wedding is a month away? Most women stop eating and work out five times a day. Me? Please. I stopped working out and started eating crap. Why be the same as everyone else?

Anyone know why we crave crap when we’re bleeding?

UPDATE: I finished the other half of the sandwich for dinner. All in all, not TOO awful.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think it has to do with the salt and fats that our body is trying to hold onto. That primal need for minerals translates into twinkies! plus i think it's a total comfort thing. we're vulnerable when we bleed and often cranky, etc. so comfort food makes sense.